- Fellowship 2020 ($50,000)
- DEADLINE: January 15, 2020
The University of Michigan’s Weiser Center for Emerging Democracies (WCED) invites scholars to apply for the WCED Postdoctoral Fellowship, who have received their Ph.D. since 2018. This two-year fellowship supports multidisciplinary research into the broad historical, political, economic, and societal conditions under which either democracy and autocracy emerge and survive, or fail and fail.
There are up to two prizes reserved for the fellowship 2020-22. WCED Postdoctoral Fellows are expected to focus on their own studies, engage in occasional WCED seminars and activities and give at least one public lecture during their two-year fellowship, while at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, full-time residence. In the second year of the fellowship, if desired, a teaching opportunity may be possible.
value of fellowship
During the postdoctoral tenure, fellowships have an annual salary of $50,000 and up to $7,000 in research funds.
Who is eligible for this fellowship
- Applicants from all fields, although most former applicants and fellows come from political science, sociology, and history.
- Before starting the fellowship, fellows must have successfully defended and submitted their dissertation.
- Eligibility is limited to those who after January 1, 2018, have earned their Ph.D.
For more information and how to apply for this fellowship please visit the official website