Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
You must qualify for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduate school
- An official document published by your college that demonstrates that you are among the top 10% of your graduate school, such as a declaration signed and stamped by your college, a reference letter, a rating certificate, etc.
- Do not hold an EU / EEA passport and are not eligible under the research grants and loans scheme in the Netherlands ;
- Have your high school and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands finished ;
- Have applied for an international master’s program with September 1, 2020, begin date. Please visit www.uu.nl/masters > master’s program > tuition fees and economic help to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship chance;
- In order to acquire a Dutch visa/residence license, you can comply with the circumstances.
Tuition fees or tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
Since the grant is not automatically a complete scholarship, extra funding may need to be found in order to be able to fund your research and remain entirely. Students requesting a residence permit in the Netherlands must demonstrate that they have adequate economic resources for the IND (Immigration and Naturalization Office). Read more on the University’s budget.
Number of Scholarship
For 2020-2021, 20-25 scholarships will be accessible, spread throughout the six Graduate Schools.
Depending on the degree program, the scholarship is given for the length of the degree program, which is one or two years. Only if the student makes adequate progress towards the degree will the scholarship be renewed for the second year.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 23:59 CET 2020 on January 31st, after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will be processed only if you also submit a Master’s program application. Please note that you may need to apply before December 1 in some cases; check the’ When to apply’ section under Admission and Master Program Application.
- Academic excellence and promise in the study area proposed ;
- Academic quality and results of previous qualifications as evidenced by proof of belonging to the top 10% of the class, grades, test scores, writing sample, recommendation letters ;
- The quality and relevance of the letter of motivation (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation) for the Master’s program ;
- The quality of the Master’s program application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
How to apply for this Scholarship
Non-EU / EEA students will have the option to apply for a Utrecht Excellence Scholarship after applying for the Master’s program.
For More information please visit the official website