UNIL Master’s Grants in Switzerland for Foreign Students
The University of Lausanne in Switzerland offers international students who wish to pursue a Masters Degree at the University the UNIL Master’s Grants on a competitive basis.
Institution: University of Lausanne, Switzerland
Every Master’s program included in UNIL’s bid, except the following
- Master from the School of Medicine
- Master of Education
- Master of Law from the Universities of Zurich and Lausanne
- Master of criminal Law, magistracy specialism
- All MASs (Ph.D. programs)
Keep in mind: Only two specializations – “global and comparative law” and “legal theory” – are open to applicants for Masters scholarships for the Master of Law.
- Who Can Apply: International students
- Number of Scholarship: 10 Scholarships
Scholarship benefits and duration
The scholarship is awarded for the student’s specified minimum legal duration of the program. This amounts to CHF 1,600 per month from 15 September to 15 July (or 10 months per year) for the full duration of the masters (one and a half years or two years depending on the masters selected), except for cases of final failure after the first year.
Students given a scholarship will be excluded from the set course registration fees, except for the fees of CHF 80.00 to be charged each semester.
Eligibility for this Scholarship program
- Having earned a degree from a foreign university deemed equivalent to a bachelor’s degree at UNIL before the start of the UNIL masters program.
- During your studies, to have distinguished yourself, especially through brilliant academic results.
- To have a language standard of at least B2 in French or English (according to the global scale of the European Language Portfolio) depending on the language in which your chosen masters are taught.
- Not to have been registered with UNIL in the past.
- To have paid the administration fee of CHF 200.00 (see document, “list of attachment documents”).
How to apply
- You must not apply through the Admissions Department (SII) for admission to the Master’s degree. Candidates must apply their completed request by mail (see file, “list of documents to be attached to your application”).
- The application deadline is 1 November to begin a master’s degree in the next academic year, in the fall semester, or in the spring semester if the program allows.
- To access the application form and for detailed information about how to apply for this scholarship, it is important to read the UNIL Master’s Grants FAQs and visit the official website (link found below).
for applying in Scholarship and more information please visit the official website