TVET scholarship for Afghan Women – Study in UzbekistanScholarship United Nation Development Program (UNDP) posted 3 months ago
TVET scholarship for Afghan Women – Study in Uzbekistan
The European Union and the United Nations Development Program ( UNDP) are launching a 2020 application process for educational grants to research in Uzbekistan for Afghan Women.
STUDY PROCESS WILL BE HELD ON TECHNICAL AND VOCATIONAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING PROGRAM (TVET) IN AGRONOMY.
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Bachelor degree
- Organizer: United Nations Development Program ( UNDP)
- Country: Uzbekistan
- Availability: Only for Afghanistan
- Gender: Female
- Deadline: August 15, 2020
Duration of Scholarship
September 2020 – May 2021
- Uzbek language foundation course, Basic English, Basic course in Chemistry and Biology.
- Participation in Training Winter School organized by UN-Women.
September 2021 – May 2023
TVET academic program in Agronomy
- the first year: is theory-based (growing up of cotton, grain, fruit, and vegetable, etc.);
- the second year: is practical work experience and organization of internship programs at enterprises and farms of Uzbekistan (by agreement).
- It is planned to provide specialties of tractor driver and driving category “B”, “BC”.
- In addition to education, students are involved in an additional language (Russian, German, etc.), or art, sports sections, depending on their interests.
- Special visits to historical cities Samarkand, Bukhara, Termez, and Tashkent will be organized.
- The women candidate must have at least completed secondary education (complete 12 years)
- The main selection criteria include the knowledge of English (not lower than elementary level), the fundamentals of biology and chemistry (not below 70 marks in each class in the certificate of secondary education), as well as a successful completion of written English test and interviews with members of the Selection Committee.
- work experience is an asset but not mandatory.
- Tuition fee
- Monthly stipends
Note: The rest of the expenditures associated with possible dependents, including children, are not covered by the scholarship.
Stages of competitive selection
Application submission by deadline of August 15, 2020, 18:00 Afghanistan time (UTC+4:30).
Please read carefully the “List of required documents” section. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the next stage, the Written English test.
Written English test.
The format and date will be announced soon. Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the final stage, the Interview.
Interview with members of the Selection Committee.
- Passport and/or local Afghan identification card;
- Application form, with the written consent of the applicant’s parent (-s) or spouse to participate in the competition and study in the Republic of Uzbekistan. (Please download from the attachment below. All fields are mandatory)
- Graduation certificates with transcripts, as follows:
- Certificate of completion of secondary school;
- If you have a Bachelor’s degree diploma, please include it as well.
- Brief motivation letter in English (in free form, max 300 words).
Note: All documents must be in English or translated into English.
Documents need to be carefully scanned and sent to [email protected] by August 15, 2020, at 18:00 Afghanistan time (UTC+4:30) with applicant name and surname in English in the subject section of the email.
Poorly scanned or incorrectly sent documents or partially missing documents will not be accepted.
Only applications submitted by the deadline will be considered.
Candidates will be notified via email whether their application has been successful or unsuccessful.
If you have any application and/or eligibility related questions or queries, please feel free to contact us at
For more information please visit the official website
- @ Harbin Institute of Technology
- Accounting / Finance , Applied Science , Art and Humanities , Business and Law , Computer science , Construction / Facilities , Education and Language , Engineering , Graphic and Design , Medicine , Natural science , Sales and Marketing , Scholarship , Social science