The AU Emerging Global Leader undergraduate Scholarship – Fully FundedScholarship American University posted 4 months ago
The AU Emerging Global Leader undergraduate Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship promotes access to education and opportunities while improving global diversity. The AU Emerging Global Leader brings together the best of the AU – academic excellence, leadership development, and global engagement. The AU EGL is committed to positive democratic and social transformation and is returning to its country to boost under-resourced, poorly served communities.
- Opportunity type: Fully funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship Level: Bachelor degree
- University: The American University
- Feild of Study: All Feilds are available
- Location: United State
- Gender: Male and female
- Availability: International
- No. of Opportunity: 1 Scholarship Available
- Deadline: 15 December 2020
Benefits | AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
- Covers all billable AU expenses
- Full tuition
Note The international student who needs a visa for studying in the USA (preferably an F-1 or J-1 student visa).
What cost will be not Covered?
- Health insurance
- Airline tickets
- Miscellaneous expenses (approximately U.S.$4,000 per year)
Note: You may be eligible for a bachelor’s degree. However, after the initial U.S.$4,000 you provided, you must provide proof of additional funds. Academic year costs are estimated at US$ 70,231 in 2020-2021.
- International students who have addressed complex barriers and obstacles and students from different and underrepresented backgrounds.
- A minimum of 3.8 GPA equivalent out of 4.0 GPA (or in the top 10% of graduating class) for 9th-12th grades.
- Proven commitment to leadership, voluntary work, community service, and the promotion of people’s needs in your country of origin.
- English proficiency in one of them
- 95+ TOEFL iBT > Must be 20 or above
- Sub-scores of 24+ on the paper-based TOEFL (Taken after May 31, 2017)
- 7.0+ IELTS (all subscores must be 6.0 or above)
- 33 minimum SAT Reading Subscore
- 29 minimum ACT English
- 65 minimum PTE
- 120+ Duolingo (all subscores must be 110 or above)
- Students still enrolled and graduating in secondary/high school by June 2021.
You are not Eligible if,
- You are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident of the U.S., or dual U.S. citizen, and a separate country.
- You are enrolled in or have already started any post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the USA.
- You graduated secondary school earlier than 2019.
How to Apply
- First, you should download the application form and fill it correctly > Application form – Download
- Submit a bank letter
- The AU Certification of Finances (AU CFIS) form
- Uploaded via your Future Eagle Portal
- Sent by fax to +1-202-885-1025
- Examples of bank letters and the AU CFIS form template
- Send the results of your official TOEFL, IELTS, or Duolingo English Test score no later than December 15, 2020. Please have official reports of English proficiency scores sent to American University Undergraduate Admissions.
- Complete and submit the Common Application or Coalition Application together with all supporting documents per checklist by 15 December 2020 priority deadline of AU EGLS or no later than 15 January 2021. Please notice that there will be no review of students who do not submit a full application packet with all supporting documentation by the deadline.
- If you are applying through a program supported by EducationUSA such as USAP, CCC, Opportunity Grants, Diana Kamal Scholarship Search, or similar, or if you are a past FLEX or YES high school scholarship recipient from the U.S. Department of State, please provide a letter from your EducationUSA center’s adviser confirming your candidacy. You may request for the letter to be sent to [email protected] as a PDF.
- You will still be considered for admission to American University, Washington, DC, and qualify for partial merit scholarships if you are not chosen as one of the Finalists. However, you will need to submit proof of funds totaling U.S.$70,231 (estimated cost for the first year of study) to continue the application process.
Do you have any question Ask Here: [email protected]
For more information please visit the official website The American university
- @ Harbin Institute of Technology
- Accounting / Finance , Applied Science , Art and Humanities , Business and Law , Computer science , Construction / Facilities , Education and Language , Engineering , Graphic and Design , Medicine , Natural science , Sales and Marketing , Scholarship , Social science