Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation – Social WorkerFull time Internship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Job Location:||Nangarhar, Takhar|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the Tdh Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||4|
|Organization:||Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum 4 years work experience|
|Contract Duration:||One year with 3 months probationary period.|
|Education:||University degree in a related field|
|Close date:||22 Mar 2021|
About Terre des hommes (Tdh) Foundation:
Terre des Hommes Lausanne (Tdh) is a Swiss child welfare foundation, providing assistance and protection to vulnerable populations worldwide. This has been working in Afghanistan since 1995 and carry out projects related to Child Protection, Access to Justice, Mother and Child Health, and Livelihood Programs in Kabul, Herat, Takhar & Nangarhar provinces.
Under the direct supervision of the A2J project officer and full collaboration with the A2J Program Manager and Defense lawyer, the Social worker is responsible for the multi-faceted activities centered on projects connected with access to justice for women and children including the following but not exhaustive;
- support beneficiaries in distress;
- provide assistance legally and socially in collaboration with defense lawyers, release preparation and reintegration support to surviors of violence /at risk of violence, minors in conflict with the law;
- run awareness activities and to follow up support for beneficiaries their families and relatives;
- the social worker is expected to run awareness activities with communities and informal justice actors to detect and follow up extremely vulnerable cases and to ensure strict adherence to the Tdh Child Safeguarding Policy at all times, including respect of confidentiality and a child-centered approach.
- perform daily activities, field visits to districts, taking part in meetings/training.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Regular follow up of women, girls, and children in WP, WPCs, and its activities;
- Provide Psychosocial services (PSS) comprehensive and tailor-made services and peer activities to women and children survivors/at risk of violence in the targeted locations with the collaboration of animators.
- Full Support the Specialized on-the-job training on VAWG/SGBV case management standards activities.
- Organizing orientation sessions to informal justice actors in collaboration with A2J project officer and defense lawyer on VAWG/SGBV legal protection laws and Islamic sharia standards.
- Actively performing community outreach to identify beneficiaries who are survivors or at risk of violence.
- Provide full support to the defense lawyers in the relevant activities of the project.
- Fill up the social inquiry report (SIR) where applicable and share it with the A2J project officer and defense lawyer in order to assist the beneficiaries.
- The linkage between the project and beneficiaries in targeted locations, their families, and the community;
- Motivation of women, girls, and children to participate in the project activities;
- Collection of information regarding beneficiaries in WPs, WPCs and ICs, and communities;
- Maintain an individual record of the beneficiaries;
- Implementing session of sensitization about Access to justice, EVAW law, child rights in Islam, and CRC awareness for the benefices, visitors, and employees of the targeted locations;
- meetings with Judges, prosecutors, defense lawyers, WPs, WPCs, ICs staff, and legal aid organizations;
- Making good relation with local authorities, communities, legal aid actors, and stakeholders;
- Follow up of the cases and conduct family visits and family follow up visits of reintegrated beneficiaries;
- supporting the baseline survey and other coordination mechanisms on gender-responsive legal aid standards.
- To perform higher duties when designated by the line manager.
Abuse Prevention Policy (CSP) – Operational Risk Management:
- Undertake to adhere to the Terre des Hommes child safeguarding policy and the principles connected to children’s rights
- Undertake to ensure the best possible practical implementation of the child safeguarding policy (CSP) and the management of operational risks in his/her area of intervention and within his/her team.
Safety & Compulsory:
- Commit to the Tdh security and safety policy.
- Facilitate prompt sharing of information with the A2J project officer on all events relating to security issues.
- Bachelor degree in social fields (Law, sharia, sociology)
- At least 3 years experience in social work and/or outreach work in the NGOs sector.
- Ideally from the targeted province with good knowledge of the region,
- Good understanding of Afghan juvenile code, EVAW Law, GBV society, their tradition, culture, and values,
- Fluency in local languages Dari / Pashtu written and oral.
- Very good in written and oral English (essential)
- It is important for a social worker to have certain qualities and skills when working with children in conflict with the law/vulnerable or at-risk population and especially in detention centers,
- Prior knowledge and experience of the process of SIR, case/home study and legal procedures,
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills in local languages are required,
- Excellent counseling skills and sense of empathy
- Excellent knowledge of computer and office pack applications.
- Reasonable knowledge of the child protection principles and standards
- Full awareness of the basic sources of the child rights theme and the related standard legal instruments at national and international levels.
Applicant should apply for the job by clicking on the following link: