Supply Chain AssistantInternship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the NTA salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Roots of Peace|
|Years of Experience:||At least 2 years of relevant work experience.|
|Contract Duration:||One year-Extendable subject to project funding|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in a related field.|
|Close date:||24 Mar 2021|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines, and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to the Sr. Marketing Specialist and the marketing department in the overall supply chain for domestic sales and exports.
- Develop and maintain good relationships with program client firms and producers to ensure they apply proper supply chain practices.
- Develop good relations between the producers and traders and arrange linkage meetings if and when needed.
- Facilitate sample and trail shipments to the potential high-value domestic and international markets.
- Oversee the sales and exports from the farm all the way to the host market, including:
- Oversee the product harvest, packing (field packing or packhouses), packaging, and transport modes (air, ground, open trucks and reefer)
- Establish linkage with reliable logistic firms, airlines/freight forwarders
- Collect and report essential market information, logistics, market prices, and requirements.
- Assist in the dissemination of information related to the export and transit procedures for selected destinations to the producers and exporters.
- Facilitate sample and trail shipments to the potential high-value markets.
- Assist traders in obtaining and managing the proper customs documents for exports.
- Coordinate with the airline/transport companies air cargo and ground transport services, including shipments under the cold chain.
- Any other tasks assigned by the Sr. Marketing Specialist
The Supply Chain Assistant reports to and assists the Sr. Marketing Specialist in overseeing and managing the program target crops “fruits & vegetables” overall supply chain, logistics strategy, and operations to maximize the process efficiency and productivity. The Assistant will play a crucial role in developing and maintaining good relationships with program client firms and producers (If applicable) to ensure they apply proper supply chain practices. The objective is to effectively manage supply chain functions (logistics and planning) to drive supply chain efficiency (service levels), reduce costs, boost domestic sales and exports.
Interested qualified afghan national Male/female candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 24.03.2021. clearly mention the vacancy number ROP-CBARD-038-2021 in the subject line, applications not mentioning the vacancy number will not be considered.