Software DeveloperInternship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per Org salary scale|
|Vacancy Number:||CTG-UNHAB-SD 11/03/2021|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Years of Experience:||5 years of continuous working experience in database|
|Contract Duration:||3 months (with the possibility of 3 months extension)|
|Education:||Bachelors computer science, software development, or official|
|Close date:||25 Mar 2021|
About CTG-UNHAB (NORAD):
The position is located with the Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific of the Regional Programmes Division and based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
The Regional Programmes Division is responsible for consolidating and enhancing the linkages between UN Habitat’s activities in the field with the Strategic Plan, the 2030 Agenda, and the UN-Habitat’s overall future priorities and to make sure that they are appropriate to the country context.
UN-Habitat’s Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific manages UN-Habitat’s project portfolio in the Asia and Pacific region. It ensures that country priorities are in alignment with the UN-Habitat’s organizational policies and strategic objectives and brings through its Regional Representative to the attention of the Executive Management Committee (EMC) opportunities and challenges in the region, allowing for timely feedback and responses to urgent demands and requests from the Member States.
The Afghanistan Programme is a strategic partner of the Government of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan in promoting sustainable urban development. Since 1992, UN-Habitat has worked closely with the government, municipal and local authorities, especially Afghan communities, contributing to the physical and social reconstruction of the country. Our work has focused on assisting the government in the development of urban policies and regulations; strategic urban planning; increasing municipal revenue; establishing community-based organizations; addressing the land and housing needs of IDPs and returnees and contributing to the provision of basic urban services.
This position reports to the Director of Revenue, Accounts, and Administrative Affairs of Municipalities at DMM.
The Software Developer will be responsible for IFMS analysis, design of reporting tools, ensuring database performance, data security, integrity, backup and recovery, verification of data accuracy, maintenance, and support of the data warehouse.
The detailed responsibilities include:
- Carry out system analysis of the components of the IFMS system to ensure it works efficiently. And also design new functionalities to the IFMS system, which end users request.
- Enhance MS SQL databases for IFMS current modules; reporting interface, adding new functionalities, and changing functions as requested by end-users.
- Solve issues of end-users on current modules;
- Develop user manuals, and software requirement specifications, and other required technical documents;
- Ensure database performance across the distributed system implementing new releases and completing required maintenance through the identification of the database requirements by interviewing beneficiaries, analyzing applications, current programming, and operations;
- Contribute to the designing and implementation of IFMS data warehousing; data backup, linkage and replication
- Conduct any other related tasks regarding IFMS functionality.
Work implies frequent interaction with the following:
- The Director of Revenue, Accounts, and Administrative Affairs of Municipalities at DMM and IFMS experts at DMM
- Troubleshoot and enhance the Safari fee, property registration, and business licensing modules of the IFMS (application and database) as per the request of end-users and document the enhancements made in the system.
- Produce IFMS user manuals and other required IFMS documents
- Revise the IFMS user manual indicating the enhancements made to the IFMS application and data warehouse by (activating the DR site with the support of the IFMS department).
- Hold CSS, HTML, C#, net Framework QSO, net Framework core training sessions for the IFMS team at DMM on technologies used in IFMS
- Hold workshops to train municipal staff on usage, application, and deployment of IFMS.
- Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view; establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect; identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions; monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems; keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects; meets timeline for delivery of products or services to the client.
- Technological Awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitation of technology to the work of the office; actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks; shows a willingness to learn new technology.
- Applicants should have a university degree in computer science, software development, or official certification in Microsoft products database administration and development (master preferred).
Applicants should have:
- 5 years of continuous working experience in database administration (DBA) with MS SQL Database Server (SQL2008 R2 and SQL2012). Experience with SQL 2016 is an advantage.
- Experience in working with Structured Query Language (SQL) & coding
- Strong experience in C# .NET, VB.NET, Jscript, JQuery, and CSS
- Strong experience working with MS SQL reporting tools and development of complex reports,
- Experience working with MVC and ASP. Net Core will be an advantage;
- Knowledge and experience of working with SQL Server Integration Services development (SSIS) and SQL Server Reporting Services development (SSRS),
- General understanding of distributed computing architectures, e.g. client-server model, multi-tier models in addition to Windows;
- Knowledge of routine maintenance, recovery, and handling failover of the IFMS
- For the Software Developer position, fluency in oral and written English and Dari (and or Pashto) is required.
Click on the link below and then click on ‘Register and Apply’ if you are not already registered with MyCTG
Follow the steps to provide your details and register
Provide the information marked in red
Save your profile and upload copies of your qualification and CV
Once your profile is created and saved go to the Vacancies tab on the right corner
Click on the vacancy that you want to apply for
Provide your current employment details, the date you are available from, and salary expectation
Tick the boxes and click submit
You will see your application under the Application tab
Vacancy Reference NO. in website: VAC-4465
A cover letter that shows how your qualifications and experience meet the VA requirement.
Signed Personal History Form (P11 Form) and you can be downloaded from www.Habitat.afg under this link http://unhabitat.af/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Personal-History-Form-P.11.doc
Education certificates are essential to be attached.
The last two years’ performance evaluation form or work certificates or three references from your former employers is essential to be submitted by the applicant.
please indicate the VA Number to apply for.
Note: To have considered your application, you must submit all required documents. If you omit any of the required documents your application will not be considered.