Site Safety ManagerFull time Internship/Job ZNCC posted 3 months ago
|Mar 11, 2021||ZNCC-SC/VA-3/2021|
|Mar 18, 2021||Full-Time|
|As per the company salary scale||5 Years|
|Dari, Pashto, English|
ZNCC is a leading name in the power-infrastructure segment for the Afghan ministries and utilities and the United States government. With 15 years of experience, we handle and deliver design, supply, construction, transportation, and turnkey power projects with efficacy and precision. Right from scratch to the execution of the projects, our expertise in EPC (Engineering, Procurement, and Construction), O&M (Operations and Maintenance) has made us one of the most sought-after names in the field. Irrespective of how complicated a project is, our performance in the energy and construction sectors is counted among the best in the country. Be it in power transmission, substation, or distribution, we offer holistic EPC services to the core sectors in Afghanistan. For a transparent approach in project management, proper financing, and resource management, get in touch with us.
Site HSE will be responsible for establishing policies that will create and maintain a safe workplace. As site HSE manager, you must have excellent attention to identifying hazards. The goal is to ensure the workplace meets all legal expectations and actively supports occupational health and safety.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Implementing the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) & EM385-1-1 rules and regulations.
- Assist & implement ZNCC & SC JV safety policies and procedures in compliance with local, rules and regulations including (OSHA).
- Perform safety surveys and inspections, prepare written reports of findings and recommendations for corrective or preventive measures where indicated, and follow up to ensure measures have been implemented.
- Conduct a post-accident investigation and prepare SIR reports identifying possible accident causes and hazards for use by company personnel and senior management.
- Assist in the development, evaluation, and upgrading of safety programs as per Job site specifics conditions.
- Assist and implement EPP to maintain environmental conditions as per the requirement and ZNCC & SC JV Safety procedures.
- Review and update monthly all site-specific safety plans with the project teams.
- Develop and ensure safe equipment operating techniques.
- Periodically check all machines and equipment to make sure they are in good condition.
- Review all applicable documentation for completeness to ensure labors can adequately execute their scope of work safely.
- Provide and ensure compliance with information, signs, posters, barriers, and other materials to warn of potential and actual safety hazards and to prevent access to hazardous conditions.
- Investigate accidents, injuries, or occupational hazards/illnesses to determine causes and put in place preventive measures.
- Develop SIR Report and review findings from accident investigations, facilities inspections, and environmental tests.
- Develop, plan, conduct, or coordinate worker training sessions for areas such as safety law and regulations, hazardous condition monitoring, and use of safety equipment.
- Interpret safety regulations in construction safety, and communicate accordingly.
- Inspect facilities, machinery, excavations, Scaffolding, and safety equipment in order to identify and correct potential hazards, and to ensure safety regulation compliance.
- Evaluate adequacy and relevance of existing policy, Implement corrective action health and safety violations.
- Satisfactorily complete any applicable first aid training in fire prevention and suppression and disaster planning.
- Prepare & develop AHA for any definable feature of work; prepare daily and weekly safety report, Weekly Toolbox Talk report, and Quarterly Environmental Safety Report to ZNCC & SC JV main offices.
- Ensure appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is worn as appropriate during hours of operational activities and assist with all safety activities.
- Any other job-related tasks that shall be assigned by the competent authority
- OSHA 30 Hours, NEBOSH Certified or a degree in occupational health and safety and/or other related fields.
- Thorough knowledge of principles of fire prevention and suppression, and disaster planning.
- A minimum of five (5) years of professional experience in the management of multi-discipline projects in electrical engineering and construction fields
- Experience in Construction Project Management.
- Experience of working as a Field or Site Safety Manager.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills English, Pashto, and Dari Languages
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to read and comprehend construction plans, estimates, surveys, and specifications.
- Ability to lead negotiations with consultants, contractors, other agencies, and stakeholders to procure resources and formalize cooperative relationships that achieve project goals
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility in accommodating shifting priorities, demands, and schedules
- Ability to deal tactfully with a diverse group of people in a professional manner in a complex organization.
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their CVs along with a cover letter to [email protected] no later than 18-Mar-2021. The subject line of the email must be Site Safety Manager ZNCC-SC/VA-3/2021.