Senior Advisor Policy and PlanningInternship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the NTA Salary Scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||(MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT)|
|Years of Experience:||Experience working with USAID-supported projects.|
|Contract Duration:||One year (Extendable)|
|Education:||Medical Degree Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or another relevant field.|
|Close date:||25 Mar 2021|
About (MSH) Management Sciences for Health (AFIAT):
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health non-profit that makes foundational changes to health systems to protect people from diseases and improve their health. MSH collaborates with local partners, from the Ministry to the community, to strengthen and complement existing health systems. Since 1971, MSH has worked in more than 150 countries to help ensure sustainable, resilient, and equitable access to quality health care around the globe.
MSH is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity, religion, creed, citizenship, national origin, age, veteran status, or disability unrelated to job requirements. MSH will take affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed and that employees are treated without regard to their race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, and disability status. In compliance with U.S. Department of Labour Executive Order 11246, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act, and Section 4212 of the Vietnam Era Readjustment Assistance Act, MSH has developed and maintains an affirmative action program and plan.
The Snr Advisor Policy and Planning provides technical assistance and capacity development support related to sound HSS policies and planning to support improved quality and access of health and nutrition services and transparent and high functioning management systems, including stronger sub-national levels. The Advisor is responsible for strategy development, technical analysis, stakeholder consultation, advocacy, and contributing to technical reports and briefs. Responsibilities require global and local knowledge and best practices in Policy and Planning.
The Snr Advisor Policy and Planning provides technical direction and assists country teams to develop technical strategies, approaches, and plans, implement activities and monitor progress towards outlined project milestones/deliverables/ approved work plans. The Advisor also develops technical documents, provides technical oversight to the technical team, manages the technical aspects of outsourcing any technical services, reviews and finalizes technical products (studies, reports, briefers, slide decks), and provides overall capacity development support and mentoring to the country teams and counterparts. This position is in NTA Grade B.
- Lead in the design and implementation of technical support activities related to policy and planning at all levels in accordance with the project mandate.
- Support the application of evidence-based practices and conceptual frameworks and models to solving pertinent policy and planning issues and challenges surrounding the stewardship of the healthcare system in Afghanistan, as informed by data and in-depth analyses (especially policy to action processes and interventions).
- Closely work with the Ministry of Health, and through on the job training and mentoring, develop the capacity of different departments and units to effectively develop policies that help them better plan, manage, and oversee essential HSS – this may include policies around priority systems and processes, engagement of private sector, performance improvement, decentralization, etc.
- Assess counterpart’s ability to implement policies and help them address obstacles; model processes for policy operationalization and implementation.
- Work closely with directorates, PHOs, service providing NGOs, community representatives, private sector and other stakeholders to continue to improve policy and planning engagement and stakeholder involvement.
- Supervise short-term consultants assigned in this technical area.
- Represent the project, company, and programs in this technical area in-country as well as with others in the professional community.
- Interact with internal and external resources, partners, donors, and staff to bring new and “cutting edge” ideas into approaches.
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fulfill any other tasks requested by the supervisor and pertinent with the general scope of work of the position.
- Medical Degree
- Master’s degree in public health, public policy, or another relevant field.
Required Minimum Experience
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of progressive experience in public health, policy development, HSS, leadership, governance, public administration, or another similar area.
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience working with USAID-supported projects.
- Familiarity or experience with Afghanistan’s health system.
- Appropriate computer skills necessary to conduct research, and to conduct an analysis of study data.
- Strong analytical and computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, web-based research) – this includes data analytics.
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of concurrent activities and deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel within the country, as appropriate and allowed.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills both in local languages and English. Ability to deliver presentations at high-level meetings. Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff.
Interested candidates should go apply through the below link and submit an application form for positions they are suitably qualified for.
Please click the employment opportunities tab and select Afghanistan from the list of countries. A list of positions will appear, please select those you wish to apply for. Candidates who do not apply through the above-mentioned link will not be considered for the shortlist. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap.
Note: The deadline for applications is for three weeks. However, interviews of suitable candidates may begin as applications are received. Please apply early.