Roots of Peace – Gender AssistantInternship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Job Location:||Badghis, Balkh, Farah, Kandahar, Laghman, Nangarhar|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the NTA salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||6|
|Organization:||Roots of Peace|
|Years of Experience:||At least four years relevant experience|
|Contract Duration:||One year-Extendable subject to project funding|
|Education:||Bachelor in Agriculture.|
|Close date:||24 Mar 2021|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines, and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in conducting need/impact assessments, surveys of female processors/traders
- Identifies female food processors/traders and farmers in targeted districts of the province
- Assist in conducting food processing/quality improvement training in the provinces
- Follow up with the trained food processors/traders on training impact and provide further assistance needed
- Identify and encourage female farmers to establish orchards.
- Assis in conducting B2B meetings with female traders/processors and farmer
- motivate women traders to take part in the export of agriculture products.
- Work with the women farmers to make suitable agricultural products and export it
- Collaborate/coordinate activities with related provincial departments (Marketing and Business Development)
- Network, coordinate, and maintain a dialogue with relevant stakeholders in the province e.g. Department of Women Affairs, Department of industry and commerce, and other related government/nongovernmental departments on synergy and sharing of experiences on gender mainstreaming.
- Pay regular visits to districts to monitor female food processors and farmers
- Any other assigned tasks by the supervisor.
Assist the Gender Specialist in the overall management of the Gender component of the Roots of Peace Program in the provinces.
- Ability to travel to the districts
- Have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Be fluent in Dari and Pashto languages with some knowledge of English
Note:- The interested candidates are requested to SPECIFY THE PROVINCE (In SUBJECT LINE along with vacancy number), which they are applying for.
Interested qualified afghan national Female candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 24.03.2021. clearly mention the province and vacancy number ROP-CBARD-040-2021 in the subject line, applications not mentioning the province and vacancy number will not be considered.