Roots of Peace – Business Development OfficerInternship/Job @Jobs in Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Job Location:||Balkh, Kandahar, Laghman|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the NTA salary scale|
|No. Of Jobs:||3|
|Organization:||Roots of Peace|
|Years of Experience:||At least four years relevant experience|
|Contract Duration:||One year-Extendable subject to project funding|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.|
|Close date:||24 Mar 2021|
About Roots of Peace:
Roots of Peace is a humanitarian organization that has worked in war-torn countries around the world with our partners to remove the remnants of war, landmines, and unexploded ordinance, and restore the land in order to rebuild peaceful communities for generations to come. For the past twenty years, the Roots of Peace award-winning “Mines to Vines” approach has impacted one million farmers and families, enabling exports worth over $150 million to international markets. Since beginning our work in Afghanistan in 2003, Roots of Peace has worked with agricultural value chains in every province of the country resulting in 100,000 tons of exports, creating over 9,000 full-time agribusiness jobs that benefited more than 38,000 families from these value chain approaches. From farmers to exporters, Roots of Peace develops entire agricultural value chains by implementing the ROP Development Model which is designed to serve as a catalyst to generate much broader impact industry-wide – improving incomes for smallholder farmers, bringing peace to rural communities, transforming national industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Identify potential business firms for the program
- Link and arrange Business to Business meetings between the business of these firms and the local farmers in program target areas.
- Assist in preparing Feasibility Studies, Market Data, and reports to help the project in decision making about services for the business development of Afghan merchants and farmers
- Perform market research and analysis through frequent field visits
- Provide support to both the Business Development Manager and the program clients to ensure the program activities are implemented according to agreed plans
- Support the team in disseminating information on best practices to the target project beneficiaries including agribusiness.
- Provide training and technical assistance to the program beneficiaries on various topics including business development, post-harvest, and marketing.
- Identify the potential shipping companies with cold chain capabilities to transport Afghan produce to domestic and International markets.
- Work with the Business Development Manager to assist the Afghan traders to establish business relations with the overseas buyers, help them identify new and expand the current business relation in regional and other international markets.
- In coordination with the Business Development Manager, Master Trainer, and the Marketing Team of the program, prepare and conduct training on Business Development, Post-Harvest Management, Cold Chain Management, and marketing of different Afghan produce.
- Assist the Business Development Manager in introducing new agricultural technologies for value addition for the Afghan produce.
- Prepare and submit activities reports to the Business Development Manager
- Any other assigned tasks by the supervisor.
- At least 4 years of relevant work experience within international donor organizations, preferably on USAID/ United Nations agencies.
- Experience working in international development.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Strong oral/written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
Note:- The interested candidates are requested to SPECIFY THE PROVINCE (In SUBJECT LINE along with vacancy number), which they are applying for.
Interested qualified afghan national Male/female candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letter to [email protected] no later than 24.03.2021. clearly mention the province and vacancy number ROP-CBARD-039-2021 in the subject line, applications not mentioning the province and vacancy number will not be considered.