Program AssociateFull time Internship/Job @Women For Afghan Women (WAW) posted 7 months ago
About Women for Afghan Women (WAW):
Women for Afghan Women (WAW) is a grassroots civil society organization dedicated to protecting and promoting the rights of disenfranchised Afghan women and girls in Afghanistan and New York. In particular, WAW works to help Afghan women and girls exercise their rights to pursue their individual potential to self-determination and to represent in all areas of life—political, social, cultural, and economic. WAW relentlessly advocates for women’s rights and challenges the norms that underpin gender-based violence to influence attitudes and bring about change.
The Program Associate has the responsibility to assist Herat Province Manager on all the program activities in an effective and efficient manner per the set log frame indicators and project work plans in collaboration with the Province Manager.
This position holder will be also responsible to assist the Herat Province Manager in all day-to-day activities of the program.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Liaison between all centers on programmatic matters, providing support in consultation with the province manager
- Establish close and regular visits and follow-ups of CSC to ensure functionality and proper maintenance of facilities and inform the province manager of the status
- She is responsible to provide the required information in the field of child perception children rights for CSC Staff.
- Help with supervision and tracking of the post-integration follow-up by Herat CSC Social Workers.
· Assist the Province manager in planning, supervising, and tracking the prison visits by WAW staff and children of incarcerated parents.
- Act as a focal point for writing or reviewing all official communication inside and outside Herat -WAW
- Provide support to the province manager regarding arranging meetings or any other official event
- Organize, structure, and maintain a decent filing system on the programmatic side of the centers
- Overseeing the activities of CSC, providing constructive feedback, and report accordingly to the province manager
- Act as a focal point to present an overview/status of WAW- Herat project, particularly, CSC to any visitor, in consultation with the province manager
· Relevant university degree in social work, social sciences, development, or other related fields.
· At least 3 years of relevant experience
· Excellent knowledge and skills in child rights, child protection policies, child/youth/community resilience, and international convention that Afghanistan accedes.
· Experience working with at-risk children and families is a plus point
· Experience with remote managing programs in complex settings.
· Having the capacity to coordinate, and train staff in child protection procedures and Program implementation.
· Ability to analyze information, evaluate situations,s and think and plan strategically.
· Ability to write clear and produce a well-argued assessment and project reports in English
· Be a team player capable of leading collaboration with people of diverse backgrounds.
· Politically and culturally sensitive about child rights.
· Advanced level of language skills in Dari, English, and Pashtu.
Interested Afghan applicants should submit their CVs along with a cover letter indicating their interest and suitability for the position. Please indicate the vacancy number (VA# 976 Program Associate) clearly in the Subject line and send to [email protected]