MEXT japan Scholarships for international students – Fully FundedResearch Scholarship @MEXT Japanese Government Scholarship posted 1 year ago
MEXT japan Scholarships for international students – Fully Funded
MEXT University Recommendation (UR) Scholarships
Applicants must apply to APU first to be eligible for this scholarship. Then APU will pick suitable candidates for referral to the scholarship organization.
Details | MEXT Scholarships
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship Level: Bachelor degree | Master degree | PhD degree
- University: Asia Pacific University
- Location: Japan
- Organizer: MEXT Japan
- Gender: Male and Female
- Availability: International
- Deadline: 22. November. 2020
About MEXT university
Awarded this scholarship to outstanding foreign students suggested by APU. This scholarship is supported by the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology (MEXT) with the goal of enhancing international competitiveness and facilitating the active exchange of international students at Japanese universities.
Eligibility | MEXT university
- Seek to study abroad in Japan
- Not Japanese, and a citizen of a country with diplomatic relations with Japan
- Be born on or after April 2, 1986
- Have achieved a GPA of at least 2.30 on a 3.00 scale at their most recent university
You’re not Eligible if
- Those that serve on an active military duty or civilians who are working at the time of application by the military are not eligible for this scholarship.
- Recipients must be able to arrive in Japan within the APU stipulated time of arrival.
- Those who apply for this scholarship in the past can not have won a MEXT scholarship because, after the final payment of the previous MEXT scholarship grant, they have more than 3 years of educational study experience.
- Those who apply for this scholarship cannot be applying for another MEXT scholarship.
- Recipients of this scholarship are unable to earn a scholarship while studying at APU from any scholarship organization.
- In Japan, recipients of this scholarship must have “student” as their residence status (visa status).
Benefits | MEXT Scholarships
- 100% of tuition (covered by the APU Tuition Reduction Scholarship)
- 144,000 JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Economy class air travel between the home country and APU at the beginning and end of the program
Application and Selection Process
- Send the application for an APU until 18 November 2020 (September 2021 Enrollment). No further documents are needed for this scholarship to be accepted.
- APU reviews application documents and chooses candidates outstanding to recommend to MEXT.
- Applicants chosen to be recommended for this scholarship will be informed with the final results of their APU applications.
- Selected applicants complete additional MEXT application documents and send them to APU.
Ritsumeikan Asia Pacific UniversityAddress: 1-1 Jumonjibaru, Beppu, Oita 874-8577 Japan