Islamic Relief worldwide Afghanistan – Livelihood AssistantInternship/Job @Islamic Relief worldwide Afghanistan posted 7 months ago
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||AFN 19000 to AFN 23000|
|No. Of Jobs:||1|
|Organization:||Islamic Relief worldwide Afghanistan|
|Years of Experience:||2-4 years’ relevant experience|
|Contract Duration:||One year with possibility of extension|
|Education:||Diploma or 14 Grade in Agriculture, Economics and BA|
|Close date:||17 Mar, 2021|
About Islamic Relief worldwide Afghanistan:
Islamic Relief Worldwide – Afghanistan Country Office (IRW) is an international nonprofitable Non-governmental humanitarian relief organization with its headquarter in UK-Birmingham. It enjoys consultative status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations and is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for International Red Cross and Red Crescent Moments and NGOs in Disaster Relief. IRA started its humanitarian activities for Afghan Refugees in Pakistan and Afghan people inside since then; IRA continued providing assistants in emergency relief, food security, women empowerment, girl education, orphan sponsorship, health, emergency education, shelter, Ramadan, and Qurbani programs. Islamic Relief worldwide-Afghanistan provides equal opportunity to all applicant including woman and disabilities
- The overall purpose of this position is to support target households to develop their own income generation activities, value chain of HHs’ products, market linkage, and supervision of vocational training at the field level.
- Work closely with the project team to conduct livelihood assessment of target households (HH)s and identify sustainable income generation options.
- Support target HHs to develop their business plans for income generation activities.
- Assist project staff informing of Self-Help-Groups (SHG) by the participation of target HHs’ guardians.
- Conduct regular training\workshops on resource mapping and other livelihoods relevant training to SHGs’ members based on the project’s implementation plan.
- Assist in the establishment of a saving box for each SHG and training of group members on the management of a saving box.
- Supervision of provision of productive assets and inputs to the target HHs at the field level.
- Conduct regular visits and provision of required instructions to target HHs on the utilization of productive assets and inputs.
- Facilitate market linkage and value chain activities of target households.
- Conduct market assessment to identify marketable professions in coordination with DoLSA.
- Assist selection of eligible trainees for vocational training classes.
- Assist in the establishment of vocational training classes at the community level.
- Regular supervision of vocational training progress according to the implementation plan.
- Assist in community awareness, identification of sustainable livelihood opportunities, and initiation of income generation activities for target households.
- Monitoring of day-to-day livelihood activities of the project and preparation of progress report.
- Any other project-relevant activities required by the project management team.
- Diploma or 14th Grade Education in Agriculture, Economics, Business Administration.
- Bachelor’s Degree in the above-mentioned fields is preferable.
- 2 to 4 years experience in livelihood, enterprise development, and community development.
- Experience in public outreach/ counseling, community mobilization, data collection, and coordination with stakeholders
- Strong Command on Dari and English both written and spoken.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-ethnic team and take on diverse tasks.
- Working experience in the same local community, district, villages and familiar with the society
Interested and qualified national candidates should submit a cover letter explaining their motivation and updated CV to the following email address: [email protected]
The closing date for accepting applications is 11 March 2021
Please clearly state the Vacancy Announcement number and title of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
Please note that applications received after the closing date will not be considered and only short-listed candidates will be called for an interview.
Note: Please follow the guidelines mentioned above otherwise your application/CV will not be considered for the post.