Free Online Course on ‘Research Ethics’ at University of LeedsCourse University of Leeds posted 5 months ago
Free Online Course on ‘Research Ethics’ at the University of Leeds
The University of Leeds offers this course on “Introduction to Research Ethics: Working with People.”
Research ethics is undoubtedly vital when doing research with individuals. Non-ethical research can put research topics at risk and may even jeopardize the credibility of the findings. As more and more work is being conducted using increasingly different methods such as the internet, it is also important that the first time it is right.
In this course, you will learn the principles of ethical research, and how to administer sensitively and decently human subject research. You will also be able to conduct ethical research, especially at universities
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Online Course
- University: University of Leeds
- Study type: Online
- Gender: Male and Female
- Course topic: Research Ethics
- Course language: English
- Course availability: International
- Recognize and evaluate key principles of ethical research
- Utilize principles of ethical research in practice
- Figure out potential ethical issues associated with your own research
Who should apply
- This course is of great benefit to learners who perform research with people using methodologies of social science such as questionnaires, interviews
- The course is special for undergraduate students who complete work for their university project in the final year. This is also ideal for postgraduate and academic students, in general.
Contents of Course
- Research ethics: why is it of vital importance?
- Attracting your participants for your research and getting their satisfaction
- What to notice if you are recruiting vulnerable contributors
- Can your research put you or your partners at risk of harm?
- Saving personal data
- Archival and internet-based research
How to apply