Free Online Course on “Advertising and Society” Duke UniversityCourse Duke University posted 5 months ago
Free Online Course on “Advertising and Society” Duke University
This course assesses the relationship between publicity and society, culture, history, and the economy. This course is offered by Duke University.
This covers a wide range of subjects, including the sources of ads, the creation of ads, the perception of ads, the portrayal of race, the class, gender and sex, and the future of advertising. Simultaneously, the lectures address and apply the theory to different contexts
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Online Courses
- Study type: Online
- University: Duke University
- Gender: Male and Female
- Study Topic: Advertising and Society
- Availability: International
- Organizer: Coursera
- Course Language: English
- Certificate: Paid certificate available (optional
- Deadline: No Deadline
- Understand the sources, creation, and interpretation of advertising;
- Discuss different theories around advertisement and apply them to particular advertisements; and
- Examine the connection of advertising to history, culture, society, and economy.
1st week: What is an advertising and its origin?
2nd Week: Am I being manipulated by advertising?
3rd Week: What is in an ad beyond that which meets the eye?
4th Week: How ads are created?
5th Week: What do ads teach us about race, class, gender, and sexuality?
6th Week: Does sex sell?
7th Week: What is the future of advertising?
Skills you will gain
- History of Advertising
- Strategy in Advertising
- Techniques of Advertising
How to apply
To apply for this free online course click on Apply for this Opportunity button
- @ Harbin Institute of Technology
- Accounting / Finance , Applied Science , Art and Humanities , Business and Law , Computer science , Construction / Facilities , Education and Language , Engineering , Graphic and Design , Medicine , Natural science , Sales and Marketing , Scholarship , Social science