Female Child Protection OfficerInternship/Job @WADAN posted 7 months ago
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Salary:||As per the organization’s policy|
|No. Of Jobs:||3|
|City:||Nangarhar with travels to districts|
|Years of Experience:||3 Years|
|Contract Duration:||Project Base|
|Education:||Bachelor degree in Education, Social Sciences or another relevant field|
|Close date:||17 Mar 2021|
Established in August 2002, WADAN is an indigenous, government registered NGO. We undertake community and institutional development, civic education, education, drug control, human rights, anti-corruption and child protection initiatives. WADAN is headquartered in the capital, Kabul, has offices in the provinces that provide national coverage. We have worked in all 34 provinces.
For details please visit our website at www.wadan.org.
The Child Protection Officer ensures professional, high-quality programmatic activities and results. The CP Officer will also play an important role in improving information management and data quality, and in strengthening knowledge sharing and learning across the project. S/he will be responsible for the child protection aspects of the ECW project.
- Advocacy for children rights through civil societies, tribal elder, provincial and municipality shura (council)
- Ensure that the children received proper services and prevented from re-victimization.
- Ensure the continuance interactions between the district and provincial CPANs, and providing the required support to district CPANs.
- Responsible for the implementation and supervision of pre-schools and CFS (Child-Friendly Space) CFS activities on the field level.
- Identify the potential trainees such as children, parents, Child Protection Action Network (CPAN) members, governmental stakeholders and select the program participant /beneficiaries according to the set criteria.
- Participate in any child protection and other training organized by WADAN or SCI.
- The CP officer will be working closely with pre-school teachers and CFS facilitators to ensure that UNCRC and SCI child safeguarding procedures are fully applied in these centers.
- In coordination with the school management shuras and community education committee, make sure that child-friendly protective, and inclusive environment for emergency affected boys and girls established.
- In coordination with Child Protection Action Network (CPAN) establish a children referral mechanism.
- Identify children with learning disabilities as well as children who need psychological support and refer them to CFS and other related services.
- Deliver child protection, safeguarding training to the teachers, community elders, and parents.
- Any other relevant task assigned by the immediate supervisor
- Bachelor degree in Education, Social Sciences or another relevant field
- At least 3 years experience in the relevant field
- Experience working in child protection and safeguarding fields.
- Proven experiences in the delivery of high-quality training workshops to teachers, community leaders, parents, and children.
- Strong presentation, communication, and negotiation skills
- Experience in working with local communities and stakeholders
- Report writing and training skills
- Proven local languages oral and written communication skills, little English is plus
- Proven computer skills in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Ability to travel within the project coverage area and other provinces as needed.
Please mention the Position, Vacancy No., and Province in the subject line of the email otherwise your application will not be considered.