UNESCO Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with DisabilitiesGrand / Award UNESCO posted 4 months ago
UNESCO Prize for Digital Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities
The region contains more than one billion disabled people worldwide. Their life is hindered by inadequate legislative mechanisms for protecting their rights and a shortage of financial resources for carrying out their basic needs-related activities. We still lack resources to access information and expertise and the advantages of science and technical growth.
The UNESCO / Emir Jaber Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah Award for Social Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities, awarded every two years, honors the outstanding contributions made by individuals and organizations to fostering inclusion; and enhancing the lives of people with disabilities through the use of digital approaches, tools, and technologies.
- Opportunity type: Funded
- Opportunity: Award
- No. of Award: 2
- Organization: UNESCO
- Award Location: France
- Availability: International
- Award Submission period: 16 June 2020 to 2 September 2020
- Deadline: September 2, 2020
- An Individual Person
- An Organization
Such awards are for individuals and organizations and do not refer to programs or programs. Successful individuals and organizations will, however, have typically undertaken a series of relevant projects and programs that will contribute to their achievements. And it is the total human or corporate effort that should be measured.
The overall value of the award is US$ 40,000, which is divided evenly between the applicant and the owner of the organization. UNESCO will highlight the winners of the Prize and will continue to collaborate with them to improve and encourage their ongoing efforts in the area of the physical empowerment of disabled persons.
- Articulating strategies, activism, alliances, and coordination
- Digital systems are created and built, making environments and processes like instruments and resources
- Building and fostering people’s capacity to build, adapt and use digital technologies in a cost-effective and sustainable mannequin
- Eligible candidates are entities (applying either individually, or representing a group of individuals) or organizations (an agency, NGO, or other public or private entity).
- Individuals and groups eligible for the award must have been involved in the field for at least five years, and have good outcomes from their contributions and actions.
- Past winners of this award or the same award for Promoting Good Education for People with Intellectual Disabilities can not qualify.
- Everyone who has applied for previous editions of these competitions is entitled to make a new submission.
- Representatives of UNESCO personnel, as well as present and former judges, can not qualify for this Award.
- Any individual, or an entity, considered to include all of its pieces, can submit only one application.
- If several organizations want to apply under a single entity, the head of that entity will pick and approve only one such request to be made on behalf of the organization.
- All applications must be submitted in either the English or French languages and on the specified submission form. Electronic methods are the chosen form of delivery, but if this is not feasible then postal applications and nominations are also appropriate.
Any application that is not presented in compliance with the protocols set out in the section below and Prize Statutes will be disqualified.
UNESCO Director-General will pick the winners based on a jury’s judgments and recommendations.
- National endorsement (by national commission): 15 September 2020
- Jury assessment: September- October 2020
- Announcement: November 2020
- Award ceremony: 3 December 2020
- Dissemination: January-December 2021
How to apply
The Award Submission is online. UNESCO encourages individuals and organizations, using the “Individual Application” and “Organization Request” options available on the web page, to submit their application. Find the Notes on the program here.
For more information please visit the official website