12 Civil Engineer jobs by OXFAM in HeratInternship/Job OXFAM posted 4 months ago
12 Civil Engineer jobs by OXFAM in Herat
About the organization
Oxfam is a global movement of people that works together to put an end to the injustice of poverty.
The movement works to save, safeguard, and rebuild lives, and won’t stop until every person on the planet can defeat poverty or any type of inequality or discrimination.
OXFAM is an international confederation of 19 organizations (affiliates) working jointly with partners and local communities in the fields of humanitarian, development, and campaigning, in over 90 countries. OXFAM is looking to hire 12 Civil Engineers to work in the framework of the Afghanistan Citizen Charter in the heart province.
- Opportunity: Job
- Organization: Oxfam
- Location: Herat
- Position: Civil Engineer
- Employment Type: Full-time
- Job Salary: As per the Oxfam Salary Scale
- Vacancy number: OXFAM
- No. of Job: 12 Vacancy
- Working experience: At least two years of experience
- Gender: Male and female
- Contract: Short-term
- Education requirement: Bachelor’s degree
- Deadline: 19 July 2020
- Providing technical support to target CDCs/GAs for subprojects
- Professional survey
- Project proposal preparations and implementation for their prioritized subprojects are the purposes of the job. Also,
- reporting the sub-projects work plan and progress and keeping robust coordination with Municipal technical staff and CDCs, and other development organizations in the area and Government offices, especially with Citizens’ Charter partner organization
- Conducting technical training for CDC relevant committees
- Monitoring the CDC sub-project work improvement, quality check, and providing feedback to implementing committees or companies are the objectives
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conducting technical engineering assessments relative to surveying, designing cost estimating, skilled, and unskilled labor employment and material (type and quantity) identification.
- Providing technical support to the community in various types of project in the different phases (technical survey design estimation, Bill of Quantities, technical proposals preparation, project implementation, observation, projects status report preparation, etc.)
- Communicating with the CDC members and Social organizer, so that engineering projects around drinking water are also linked to Total Sanitation. Health education component.
- Working with the CDC supervisors in basic engineering skills linked to the kind of sub-projects conducted and the management of community participation.
- Supporting CDC participatory & monitoring team and supervisors and project staff and observing their work.
- Preparing monthly work plans for the next month and reporting on the past month to the Senior Engineer.
- Participating in team meetings for planning further work and assessing the work done.
- Supporting CDC on the project spending against budget and work progress on a monthly basis.
- Supporting the CDC to take care of all sub-projects construction materials and equipment during project execution.
- Assist with the CDC on reporting based on material and labor used and costs after the completion of each sub-project.
- Ensuring CDCs/ GAs sub-projects quality implementation and BG application.
- Providing detailed supervisory reports and submitting them to the related supervisor/manager.
- Training CDCs on operation and maintenance of their community projects.
- Train CDC related committee according to program operation manual requirements.
- Playing an active role in community conflict resolution.
- And, undertaking any other tasks as required, in accordance with the job purpose, to ensure the efficient operation of the program.
SKILLS AND Competencies: (E) = Essential (D) = Desirable
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering. (E)
- At least two years of related work experience (E)
- The ability to work in a team and under pressure. (E)
- Functional technical qualification in civil engineering. (E)
- Interested in finding solutions to engineering problems with the use of local materials and the ability to think creatively on engineering solutions to development problems. (D)
- Analysis and report writing skills. (E)
- Excellent financial and commodity record keeping skills (E).
- assume responsibility for own work and delegated project/processes (including some leadership roles). (E)
- Foresees problems and regularly offer solutions. A proactive approach to problem-solving. (D)
- Successful management of conflicting priorities. (D)
- Ability to maintain administrative systems and sub-project paperwork. (E)
- Works systematically and with minimum supervision. (E)
- Proficient time management and organizational skills. (D)
How to Apply
Easy Steps login to the website click the apply button