Requests for a Korean Government Scholarship 2020 are approved. The Korean Government Scholarship is now recognized as a Global Korea Scholarship, in the level of Master’s degree and the PhD degree in the year 2020.
The Korea Government offers 1276 foreign Opportunities from 153 regions that are interested in completing a Masters’s or Doctoral degree or study in Korea. The Korean government is offering the same degree. Global Korea Scholarships is an all-expense, will be covered by the Korean government.
- For Master, degree application will be in February 2020
- For Bachelor degree application will bein September 2020
Details | GKS Scholarship
- Opportunity type: Fully Funded
- Opportunity: Scholarship
- Scholarship Level: Master degree | Doctoral degree or Research
- Gender: Male and Female
- Country: Korea
- Organization: Korean government
- No. of Scholarship: 1276 Scholarships
- Scholarship Availability: International Students
- Regions Eligibility: 153 Country are eligible to apply
- Deadline: Varies from Country to Country
Aim of GKS Scholarship
To offer advanced graduate studies at higher schools of the Republic of Korea to international students in order to encourage international exchanges in education and mutual friendship among countries.
- Under the Global Korea Scholarship, Korean Government Masters & Ph.D. are available to all academic fields & majors. ( View All information )
Korean Scholarship Duration
- PhD scholarships Duration 4 years
- One year for Korean Language program
- Three years for Degree program
- Master scholarship Duration 3 years
- One year for Korean language learning program
- Two years for a Master degree
- Research program 6 months
Benifits of Scholarship
- Completion Scholarship fee
- One year Language Courses
- Medical Insurance
- Living Allowance
- Research Support
- Printing Costs
- Round Trip Tickets
- Resettlement Allowance
- Award for Excellent Korean Language Proficiency
- Applicant should be Citizen of the Korean Government
- Applicant age should be under 40 years of age as of September 1, 2020 (born after September 1, 1980)
- Academic professors under 45 years old who have been citizens of one of the recipients of Official Development Assistance (ODA), listed under the Table below, and who are born after 1 September 1975 on 1 September 2020, may apply.
Requirements & Documents
- Applicants must hold a bachelor’s degree or must hold the master’s degree, that they are to enroll in PhD. OR hold the master’s degree.
- Research Program Applicants
- Applicant Must possess a diploma or degree that is equivalent to or higher than a Master’s degree and should have been invited by one of the specified Korean Universities of NIIED.
- Postdoctoral Research Program
- Applicant must have a doctoral degree
- At the time of application, applicants who are scheduled to graduate must first request a certificate of anticipated graduation. Program for Postdoctoral Study
- The specifications/certificate for the English Language.
Deadline for each country is different for get more information please visit the Korean embassy in your country
How to Apply
For more information plaes visit the offficial website