Eiffel Master and Ph.D. Scholarships in France
The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs has set up the Eiffel Excellence Scholarship Program to allow French higher education institutions to attract top foreign students to enroll in their Masters and Ph.D. programs.
It provides opportunities for prospective international private and public sector decision-makers in target study areas and supports Master’s-level applicants from developing countries up to 30 years of age, and Ph.D. applicants from developing and industrialized countries up to 35 years of age.
- Institution: French Universities and Academic Institutions
- Level/Field: Master’s degree program, in an engineering program or in a Ph.D. program (cotutelle or joint Ph.D. supervision, in collaboration with an international higher education institution) in four main areas:
- economics and management
- Master’s degree in engineering, Ph.D. sciences (engineering sciences; correct sciences: mathematics, physics, chemistry and life sciences, nano and biotechnology, Earth, space and environmental sciences, information and technology, and communication)
- political sciences
- Target:International students
- Scholarship value/inclusions/duration: The Eiffel Scholarship includes a monthly allowance of € 1,181 (a maintenance allowance of € 1,031 and a monthly stipend of € 150) for Master’s level studies and can be awarded for a period of 12-36 months. The Eiffel scholarship offers a monthly allowance of € 1,400 for PhD-level studies and is awarded for up to 12 months.
- The policy also includes various costs, including overseas return trips, national and local transportation, health insurance, and cultural activities. Scholarship holders may also, under certain circumstances, receive an additional housing allowance.
- Tuition fees are not covered: The Eiffel System. The French Ministry for Europe and Foreign Affairs expects to ensure that students receive the best financial support from the educational institutions, whose international influence is enhanced by this program. As French government scholarship holders, students admitted to public educational institutions are excluded from enrolment fees.
Who is Eligible?
- Nationality: This program is reserved for non-French nationality candidates. Two-national candidates, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
- Age: For the master’s level, on the date of the 2020 Call for Applications, that is, students born after March 1989, applicants must be no older than 30. At the Ph.D. level, on the date of the 2020 Call of Applications, that is, students born after March 1984, candidates must be no older than 35.
- Origin of applications: Only applications submitted by French educational institutions will be approved. These institutions undertake to enroll scholarship holders on the course they were selected for. Documents sent by any other means are not taken into consideration. In addition, it will disqualify any nominee nominated by more than one state.
- Courses of study: Scholarships are intended for students who choose to enroll in a master’s degree, including an engineering school, and for students with a Ph.D. The Eiffel Program is not applicable to courses of French-run master abroad. It also does not apply to train under a contract of apprenticeship or a contract of professional training.
- Combination with other scholarships: Foreign students who have already earned a French government scholarship under another program at the time of application are not eligible, even though the scholarship in question does not include protection for social security.
- For Eiffel Master Scholarship: For any student who has previously applied but has been rejected, no application will be accepted even if the application is submitted by another establishment or in another field of study. Students who have already received a Masters-level Eiffel Scholarship are not eligible to reapply at the Master’s level.
- For Eiffel Ph.D. Scholarship: Establishments may nominate a candidate for a PhD-level scholarship who has previously been given an Eiffel scholarship at the master level. It can not be awarded for a second time to applicants who have already earned an Eiffel scholarship once during their Ph.D. For any applicant who has previously applied but has been refused, no application will be approved even if the application is submitted by another institution or in another field of study.
- Language skills: Type in anything that you want. Then click Quill It on the right to paraphrase your input. Students studying abroad take precedence over those who already live in France.
Students will NOT accept applications directly. French Higher Education Institutions submit applications for EIFFEL scholarships. To be considered for the scholarship, you must apply and meet the requirements of the French Higher Education Institute. Campus France’s application deadline is January 9, 2020. The deadline for applications to French institutions participating is earlier and is around November-December 2019.
In order to access the online application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, it is important to read the Eiffel Program Guide and visit the official website (link found below).
For more information please visit the official website