American University Emerging Global Leader Scholarship
The AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship is targeted at high-level international students who are interested in pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in the U.S. and are committed to meaningful political and social change. It is intended for students returning home to improve underserved, under-resourced societies in their home country.
American University, Washington DC, USA
Level/Field(s) of study
Any undergraduate study offered at the University
Number of Scholarships
One (1) scholarship is available
The scholarships are targeted at international students from any country who are not U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or the U.S. and other dual nationals.
All billable AU expenses (full tuition, room, and board) are covered by the AU EGL scholarship. The grant does not cover non-billable costs such as mandatory health insurance, books, airline tickets, and miscellaneous (about $4,000) expenses.
It is reversible on the basis of continued satisfactory academic performance for a minimum of four years of undergraduate study.
- International students facing different obstacles and difficulties as well as those from diverse and underrepresented cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- A total of 3.8 GPA equivalent for grades 9-12 (or in the top 10% of graduation class).
- A demonstrated dedication to leadership, fundraising, community service, and addressing people’s needs at home.
- Students with 95 + TOEFL iBT, 7.0 + IELTS, 600 + TOEFL-based paper scores (taken on or before May 31, 2017), and 24 + sub-scores on TOEFL-based paper (taken after May 31, 2017).
- Students who are still enrolled or graduated by June 2020 in secondary/high school.
- Important: IB framework students must plan to complete a full IB diploma with 3 HL subjects at rent. Students studying in the British A-Levels system must complete at least 3 A levels before August 2020 and complete 13 years of study.
You are NOT eligible to apply if
- You are a U.S. citizen, permanent resident in the U.S., or dual U.S. citizen, and a different country.
- You are studying or have already begun post-secondary studies at another university in your home country or the U.S.
- You graduated from high school before 2018.
To apply for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship, you must apply and complete, by 15 December 2019, the AU EGLS application, Popular or Alliance Application and the procedure for foreign admissions.
For accessing the application form and for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship, it is necessary to visit the official website (link found below).
For more information and apply please visit the Official website